anyone ever encounter this monitor prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pton102

Beta member
Hey everyone -

I've been sniffing around the net for an answer to this, but I haven't come up with anything. I'm hoping maybe someone here has had a similar issue.

I got my hands on a 17" LCD monitor from Taiwan (hey, it was free). It was hooked up to my laptop dock and worked great for maybe 6-8 weeks. Then one day, I started getting flickering pixels all over the screen, particularly in areas where the displayed image is darker (black/dark blue, shadows, etc). It's really bizarre - I've never seen anything like it. Imagine little RGB Christmas lights flashing.

I figured maybe it's an issue with my laptop/dock, but I recently bought a desktop, and it's doing the same thing. Adjusting the contrast and brightness way up cures some of the problem, but it continues to show up.

Now considering I now have an nvidia gfx 5200, I should probably get a monitor that will do it some justice. But I'd hate to get rid of this display if there's a fix for the problem.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

I know if you push a graphics card to far you can get artifacts on the screen but that isnt what you are describing. Maybe the same thing happens if monitors get pushed to hard, is it running really hot or something. If its not overheating and your graphics card isnt the problem then I cant really say what the deal might be except that you got a free monitor from Taiwan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom