XP volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i need to know every place where you can adjust some type of volume level in XP home. i heard there were like 3, but i'm not sure. could you list all of them and where they're located? thanks

the reason i'm asking is because ever since i've had this comp, the system volume has been very low, even after i bought a new sound card and installed it. i've tried new speakers, nothing works.

Just follow the instructions I posted above, once you follow those steps click on "adjust the system volume" and that should solve your problem

also u can setup what kind of speakers u r using like headphones, desktop speakers, monitor speakers etc. im sure it isnt as loud when it thinks ur using headphones as opposed to desktop speakers.

um, also depends on the sound card and the software you let it install. for example, the SBLive (I think Gateway OEM), had special software for it where you set the Environmental and sometimes that software can over ride the generic windows, although usually it just replaces/mingles with it. Also depends on what you are using (app wise). For example on this, opening windows media player. You can adjust sound in there, too. Again they should all be tied together but some soundcard manufacturers have there own apps with the hardware.

was told once that the keyboard volume was independant. Just to let you know, this is all heresay, and dont know for sure. The keyboard, any device application, etc should all be tied in with the main vol control app... but hey, sometimes the unexplained does happen... just dont know how or why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom