New HDD / Diagnosing PC trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey
rightt... Had this pc for 3ish years..
When I turn on my PC all the lights come on apart from a green light which indicates my PC is on.
Or sometimes everything comes on [even the green light] but nothing appears on my monitor [even though it's plugged in etc]

I'm on a packard bell 5116 Imedia SE pc..
Someone mentioned to me it could be my lousy old 80 gb western gate HDD which I've had for 3 years or it could be my processor getting old..

I know it couldn't be my PSU because I've checked them and they're fine, I've also cleaned the inside of my PC of dust etc.

Whatever the problem is.. if it is my lousy HDD, I'll post some links to some HDDS I've found I could purchase.
If anyone needs any info..

Thanks

Have you checked to make sure everything was connected all the way? Something might have slipped loose. Other than that, I think you have it about right... I can't think of anything else that might cause that? Most hard drives are pretty cheap no-a-days, but do you have the OS and all the disks to go with the machine? That might be an issue if you bought it as a complete PC...

I bought the pc as a set with monitor, printer etc etc 3 years ago with the 80 gb thingy included so the PC was custom built.. I guess the harddrive has reached malfunction and needs a replacement..

I'm on an Intel Pent 4 processor.. could that be the problem aswell? / (too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom