P4 vs Centrino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Net Raider

Beta member
Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has actually tested the difference between the Pentium-4 and the Centrino in a laptop ?
I have a laptop that is a Pentium-4 2.6ghz, and I am looking to buy a new laptop, but I am being told that the Centrino 1.8ghz would be better than my P4 2.6 ... is this true?

Thank You in advance for any help that you may be able to provide.

Its the work per cycle that the cpu can actualy do... @ 1.8ghz a centrino does as much work as a p4 at 2.6ghz, thus it also requires less power and generates less heat.

but get one of the intel core dou's, its the best option (I'm not so femiliar with mobiles so.. maybe a centrino is one of the core dou family :x Check on that.)

Centrino is Intel's marketed mobile platform. It includes a Pentium M, Core Duo, or a Core 2 Duo for a CPU. It also includes a Mobile Express chipset as well as a wireless NIC.

All of the above CPUs are known to vastly outperform P4s, as the architecture that they are built on is much better.

Have a look at these benchmarks to see how Pentium Ms perform better than P4s:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/05/25/dothan_over_netburst/page11.html

smaller and faster, uses less power.....but probably....still uses more than an AMD mobile processor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom