How to cool a Prescott???

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww i just bought a freezer 7 pro for 22.99 wit no shipping. but i got a question. right now i have pentium4 506 lga 775 2.66 stock oc'd to 3.2 wit the stock fsb frequency (i think) at 133, so when i change it to 162 it goes to 3.2 ghz. but when i put it to 170 my cpu core speed drops to like 2.19ghz or something. can some one help me with this problem? could it be that the vcore voltage is not high enough? and one more question (sorry for all the questions) how do i change the voltage in the bios its seems to be locked or something but i never heard of voltages of being locked on a motherboard.

I have one of these on my Sempron 2800+ (overclocked) with a 120mm fan on it.
it fits basically every socket out now

I've never seen it go above 32ºC. it normally sits around 25ºC and sometimes goes as low as 19ºC
though it is winter here ATM

I'd suggest getting one, but don't get it without a fan aswell (it doesn't come with one)

Airflow in the case. Make sure you got plenty of good airflow. I had the same problem after OC'ing a prescott and needed a variable 120mm and 80mm intakes and 3 80mm exhausts.

? i am sure i posted here, but the post is not here... :confused:

anyway yea, i just almost burnt myself on my heatsink. no temp reads (dell) but i think i would rather not know how hot it is...

joshd said:
? i am sure i posted here, but the post is not here... :confused:
well if you did post here, I know I didn't delete it

joshd said:
anyway yea, i just almost burnt myself on my heatsink. no temp reads (dell) but i think i would rather not know how hot it is...
I had an old TNT2 that I was overclocking once. I got that so hot that, even with my modded cooling, was hot enough to burn my finger.

apokalipse said:

I had an old TNT2 that I was overclocking once. I got that so hot that, even with my modded cooling, was hot enough to burn my finger.

my friends voodoo3 did the same to him, and almost to me when i was running it for a while. the thing is, it wasnt even gaming! just simple, 2d windows.

it wasn't OCed either.

i dont really mind the heatsink getting hot. it just means it is doing its job i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom