AMD 4x4 surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ My bad... it was a limited quantity at roughly $10,000 each... I was thinking 10,000 units @ $10,000 a piece...

Yeah I kept going to the Dell website to see the specs but I never saw any Quad-SLI, guess it was all a lie lol.

Why pay so much for so many AMD Processors when the Core 2 Duo is so cheap and effective at the same time?

There is no reason that I can see, seems quite clear to me that intel will take the enthusiast/gamer market this time round.

I can't help wonder if the conroe chips will have a significant impact on AMDs relentless advance into intels market share, and if so how long it will take?

A major part of the market is servers, and Woodcrest is already getting Intel's shares back in that area. They had dropped from 95% to somewheres in 70% due to AMD's Opterons, but that'll come back up now.

AMD still holds the lead in high-performance servers using 4 processors.

The General said:
This time around.

Would you like to read my article to why AMD is out of the market for a really freakin long time. "This time around" doesn't mean that AMD HAS to come back anytime soon. It's going to be a LONG time before they have anything to rival Conroe. No, not even their Quad Cores are going to be any match for Intel.

Boy, you really have a hard-on for correcting people.

NO where in "This time round" is there any HINT of a time frame. You and I know that AMD going out of business would be a VERY VERY BAD thing.

why is it so bad? So far Intel was 'out of business' when it came to the enthusiasts market (Ours), and it was not so bad... its just intels time to be on the upper hand, and at a certain point the tables will turn and then AMD Will, or maybe a new competitor, nobody knows, its not a bad thing it will push AMD harder thats all

Yes, when people are wrong, I correct them so they don't go around and tell other people. Better to correct one wrong person, than wait until there are 10 wrong people because one of them told everyone else.

I didn't say they were going out of business. I simply said that AMD will not be bringing out a better processor than what Intel has for a very long time. How long? AMD's the only one who knows that. It depends on what they come up with, and they don't have anything up their sleeve besides K8L right now. Intel, on the other hand, has plans all the way into 32nm processors based on the Gesher architecture in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom