New guy and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
Hey everyone I am new here this is my first post, I dont know a TON about computers but I plan on getting a good one lol, I was thinking of buying one from cyberpower PC's I dont have the knowlage to assemble it myself so dont suggest that because I dont want to even try I would end up makeing a mess. heres what I was looking at how do you like it?

CASE: ATX Medium Tower Case 350 Watt

Power supply upgrade: Thermaltake toughpower 750 watt power supply

CPU: (socket AM2) AMD athlon tm64X2 5000+ dual core CPU w/ Hypertransport technology

Cooling FAN: AMD athlon64 certifide CPU fan & Heatsink + 2 extra 3-color LED case fans

Motherboard: (socket AM2) Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe nForce 570 SLI MCP chipset DDR2/800 MBoard w/ Dual PCI-express

Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard) 1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 dual channel memory

Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6200 graphics with turboCach supporting 256MB 16XPCI Express Video card

Hard Drive: 300GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cashe 7200RPM Hard Drive

Optical Drive: LG GWA-4161 16x DVD R/ RW + CD-RW drive dual layers

Optical drive 2: 16x DVDrom

Sound: Crative Labs X-FI Xtream Music 24-bit PCI sound card

Speakers: Logitech X-230 2.1 Config Speakers systems

Network: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 network card

Wireless network card: LINKSYS WMP54GS 802.11G PCI Network card

Aireless 802.11B/G Access Point: Generic Wireless 802.11G Access point

and a ViewSonic VA912B 19" Color TFT active matrix SXGA LCD display monitor

and I got prefficinal wireing a mouse keyboard you know that basic stuff too lol. and with the memory I plan to upgrade it soon and with the video cards when the new ones with Direct X10 come out I will be going to 2 of them.

ok what do you all think?
and if you know of a better site to get it from that is ok by me lol

thanks
Brian B

Wow, well I hope you aren't planning on playing any new games any time soon. DX10 cards won't be out for some time and that video card isn't very good. Also you need 2gb of RAM.

Also a very good site is Monarchcomputers.com they build your comp for like $40 or something.

Well as I said I am going to upgrade the memory to 4 gigs I may go with a better Graphics card but not the best one because I would rather spend a little money and get by rather than just spend a crap load and then buy new ones when they come out lol, other than that how is my system though any reccomendations?

Thanks
Brian

Ouch! Major CPU with a POS card! That ain't purdy...

Scale back your CPU a bit, and switch the money into your graphics card. Look at the 7900 series, and at least a 7600 or so.

2 gig won't disappoint you.

well seeing as I didnt put togeather a vary good system maby you guys can help me configure it better

You might want to change that case. Their standard mid-tower is a piece of junk. If you don't see the company name, be suspicious.

ok well how about this, you guys help me put together a GOOD system that will last a long time because I want a good system the one I have now, well lets say that I cant even play one game on it lol. ok so lets start where should I get it from? so anyone with suggestions can help lol I just want a good comp that I can play games on

thanks
Brian

Only get 2GB of memory. 4GB is overkill and can end up causing lag.

If you are willing to wait up to 3-6 months for DX10 cards, and don't plan on doing much gaming until then. Then the 6200TC will do you fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom