im new. Heres my pc spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, you can't get a PCI-Express video card. But there are new AGP video cards that are very good.

agp 2.0 limits u to not very good cards. that 7800gs is 8x speed but ur slot can only go up to 2x. that means ur not getting nearly the bandwidth speed that the 7800 can give u, therefore a lower card would give u very similar performance.

u can get that card for sure but im not sure it would be worth the money. i suggest either u get a stick of 512MB ddr-400 kingston ram and that card or u completely revamp ur computer if u have the money.

pci-e are the new video card slots with 16x bandwidth which gives much better performance than agp and u can get a good motherboard with pci-e and the same socket as ur celeron (im guessing 478 or 775, the two newest). pci-e cards tend to be a few dollars (or pounds) cheaper than the same version in agp. plus pci-e will give u room to expand later on :).

although if ur celeron is a socket 478 (u can find this info on the first page of cpu-z under processor beside package) u'll have trouble finding a mobo (motherboard) with a pci-e slot

Kid, if you ask me and have the money, in a month buy a whole new computer either powerd by a conroe or by the discounted dual cores AMD x2's... with a PCI-E Slot and a decet graphic card and ram.... would be a lot better, you'r cpu is not a very good one (an 1.8ghz athlon would be 20 times better I believe, lol)... you'r mobo is outdated and has been for the last 6 years now and I don't want to talk of you'r video card, it makes me sad.

Probably you could re-use:

Optical DVD Drive, Hard disk, keyboard, mouse, monitor.. about the rest, maybe charity can use it, probably not.. lol =x

I'm not trying to be offensive but the memory is probably 133MHz, the cpu is not very good although not that outdated and the mother board is so old that you should check under it if it has grown any beard.

Just a word of advice, It may came out a little offensive and I'm sorry if it did, its late here and im a little tired =x.

-Jo.

no i like the honesty, i would be gutted if i bought a load of stuff and found out it was slow and crap still for the games (for online games)

i might just buy a xbox 360 instead lol, but pc games look far better to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom