!!??!! Video Card Help Needed !!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
Ok..........I am in desperate need of HELP

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT, and the other day i went to uninstall my old Nvidia display drivers, but somehow on accident i deleted something that had to to with my Motherboard i think.

I dont know really.......but when it asked me to restart, after restarting, since it screwed up the video card, it reset it to the VGA driver, and after about 10 minutes of panick and a very fast heart rate (hehe) i finally got the video card back to working......WOOHOO!

So i get it, i install the new catalyst 4.3 driver for it.....but something very terrible happens....

when i go into DXDIAG, on my Display tab, the AGP TEXTURE ACCELERATION is UNCHECKED!!!?? What is up with that?

It is an AGP 8x card, and before all of this happened it was checked!

And i went into my ATI settings, and under the AGP acceleration, it is set to OFF, and every time i try to put it on 4x or 8x, after the computer restarts when it tells me to restart it, it is still set to OFF.

So i have tried everything, but now it is acting as if it isn't an AGP card.....not even a 4x card........but my games, BF Vietnam, C&C Generals, all of them run as fast as they did before, but i have noticed that the graphics arent as AWESOME looking as they were before and kind of look "bland".

IS there any way to fix this problem?

Also another thing that scares me, is that on my other comp with a GeforceMX 440 AGP 4x, I went into Device Manager, and under the devices thing i saw a little thing that said "AGP TO PCI BRIDGE", but on my comp with the Radeon 9600, the only thing that is on there are lots of things that say "PCI TO BRIDGE #".

Is there any way to get this weird card to function in AGP mode? It runs games as good as it always had, but like i said before, the graphics arent as good, and not having AGP Texture Acceleration available and no 4x or 8x AGP available, i am starting to get a little bit frightened.

I would greatly appreciate any help. I WANT MY OLD CARD BACK TO NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Have ya tried rolling back to the old Driver? I noticed ya installed a "new" Catalyst 4.3 driver for it.

I've never tried (or had a reason to use) one of those Radeons, but i would suggest backstepping and checking all your drivers to see what you might have deleted. You probably need to reinstall some drivers.

Yeah I would reinstall the drivers or even check out the streamlined omega drivers that are out there. Plus they come with a cool overclocking tool for the XT. I have a powercolor 9600XT and I love it. I managed to get abouve a 15,500 on 3Dmark 2001.. I know that means nothing since the benchmark is 3 years old, but still I was happy..

Ok, I will try some of these suggestions.

Thx for the help guys, hehe. ;)

EDIT /////// Hey DeathtoCats, are you talking about that "OVERDRIVE" thing in the ATI control panel for overclocking?

If so, i use that also. :cool:

no, it's something called ATITool. It will find the max system and max memory frequency by taking artifacts until it finds a miscalcuation.. It's pretty cool..

try scanning for new hardware..it will probably find the thing you deleted and reinstall it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom