Pink Linux Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

In Runtime
I've been wanting to put together a linux box for a while, and I've finally collected enough spare parts to do it. I decided to spice up the plain beige case I snagged from my uncle by also making this my first pink P.C.

Yes, I am a girl. :)

So, here's the case I'm starting out with. Just a plain beige case, but pretty nice.
IMG_1255.jpg

One of the main things that I was confused about was how to get the front off of my DVD drive so that I could paint it. Thanks to the helpful members here, I figured it out without much trouble after the tip that you need to open the drive
IMG_1261.jpg

Here are my primered components
IMG_1259.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg
IMG_1260.jpg

Next stop, pink paint!

First coat of pink!
IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg
IMG_1262.jpg

I let it dry overnight, and then gave it another coat. I also decided to paint the tray of my DVD drive too so I primered that this morning.

I am planning on putting on a glossy top coat, but before I do, I would like to paint on a design. I would really like to do a white/light pink Supergirl S.

This will be my first Linux box, and I am going to be installing SUSE 10.1

thats hot! your rig and my rig autta get together some time ;)

i dont know if my box will get along w/ a hippy linux though :p

here's the second coat on my case:
IMG_1268.jpg

the lighting's different though, it's cloudier today.

Okay, here's my younger sister drawing a stencil for me. I brought out a shirt for her to use as a guide.
IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

here it is finished, and there I am trying to cut it out
IMG_1273.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg

I started thinking about it too much and confused myself about where I needed to cut out so I had to stop and take a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom