ATI video card on Nvidia nForce 4 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
I have been looking into buying a new vid card for some time now and I found that the ATI x1800xt 512mb would suit me fine but I have heard of conflict between ATI cards and Nvidia chipsets. Is this simply a rumor or sterotype or is there some truth behind it? I just want to know the straight facts about it before I drop 3 bills on a graphics card like that.

Thanks for the help,

::-Chase-::

I have a ECS KN1 Extreme and an ATI PCIe card.....KN1 is NF4 chipset.....works without a glitch.

That's great news! Before I totally go with ATI and the x1800xt 512, is there any Nvidia alternative with more bang for your buck?

Thanks again,

::-Chase-::

They actually say ATI cards work better with a Nvidia chipset then Nvidia cards work :D. How much are you paying for the x1800xt? It is a very very good card though, especially with AA and AF turned up.

X1800XT 512MB, last time i was checking for me upgrading my video card was aroudn 300 dollars. Equivelent would be I guess possibly a 250 7900GT :classic:

Other then that spring for the X1900XT for 400 :0

best deal were those open box x1800xt's for $200 last week on newegg. Wish I coulda got one of those :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom