Good-ish Conroe News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
God people are stupid, the megahurtz wars are over and have been ever since the Athlon 64 and even a little before then. Trying to guesstimate how the Conroe's will perform compared to AM2 is beyound stupid, just wait until they are released.

The ONLY thing you should be comparing is the price:performance ratio.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about....Sure the GHz don't equal up when comparing two different cpu series, but they still scale by percentages when ranked against each other. :amazed:

Also numerous benchmarks have come out comparing...

dun dada dun!!!

AMD AM2 VS CONROE!!!

I see no where in this thread where anyone said anything to the effect of what you were implying. Everything in this thread has been price/performance! Next time how about you don't just read the last post.

I do have a question though, it actually pertains to the beginning post too! So If I get home from vacation Aug 7th...What are my chances of snagging the E6300? The cheapest conroe?

hahaha. Good! I read the debate after the first post and figured I'd throw out a date. I just don't want to get screwed w/o a computer all the way in sept. :/ I won't have any access to pcs while im gone those two weeks so...uh...little un-nerving! but cool.

yay that means i'll be getting a conroe e6600, cause im gonna be in the states till end of august ^^

you think i might be able to get an R600 Or G80 GPU in that time limit too??

Doubt it. R600 is on-track for end of 2006, but we know little to nothing about how G80's coming along. The latest release date said Sept./Oct. 2006 though. R600 is sure to be on-time, but we don't know whats going on with G80, so there's no guarantee.

BennyV04988 said:
eVGA step-up :) Gotta love that company!

Yup, to bad i put on my vf700-cu and wrecked my stock hs/f in the process. :( O well i have a friend who doesnt have a job but gets small money from little jobs. So i'll just sell it to him when the time comes.

I'm definitly going for the e6600 seems to be the best bang for the buck out of the conroes. 2.4ghz 4mb of l2 cache. Easily oc'able to the x6800 and probably farther with aftermarket cooling. People are getting 4ghz on air so i predict around 3.2-3.6ghz average after ocing.

Nah, I'd doubt that. 3.2Ghz tops, IMO. Anything higher would be pushing it, they're not infinite overclockers.

There have been records of them hitting just under 5. On AIR. Maybe it's just insane luck, but it could be a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom