computer stopped turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire300zxTT

Beta member
computer was working, now it doesnt turn on at all, power issue ? anyone got a list of things i should do in order before i throw it out the window ?

its a celeron 1100, 512 ram, voodoo5

chcuk 1st, check later lol, umm def. try power source, then flash the bios, if it still doesnt work look into cooling, that's all i can think of

this may sound like a retarded question but the on off switch on the back of your computer (on the powersupply) is set to on isnt it??? I only ask as I know someone who had knocked this while moving his pc then couldnt turn it on!

if that isnt the problem then next unplug computer and check all power connections in your computer (the wires from your psu to your mobo and drives etc)... then check that the small wire from your start button to your motherboard is in the correct place (this can come off fairly easily)

re plug computer and try again

if this still hasnt fixed the problem it is likely that either your powersupply or mobo is damaged... if you have access to a spare of either you could test them... but dont throw them out just yet or replace them... make sure you test them in another machine (if you dont have one maybe a friend will let you try their psu or mobo)

i am unsure of any other tests you could try!!

If all else fails, then before you chuck it out the window call me at 555-555-5555 (yes it is suppose to be 555-555-5555...a mod didn't edit this... =P) and I'll be outside ready to catch it.... :p

The funny thing is the other day....I have a AT powersupply and mobo bla bla bla....neway...i bumped it and my computer suddenly turned off.....i pushed the button a few times.....then looked inside of it (i keep the case off and the front pannel) and the 2 wires that go to the switch are just hanging there...so im like "ah hah!"...so i plug them in and push the button.....IT LIVES!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!lol...easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom