Boot Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst711

Baseband Member
I just reinstalled winXP, and everytime I reboot it says Boot System Failure, Please insert Boot Disk.

I put my winXP disk in, and press enter and windows boots fine. It wont boot without my disk. I can't figure out why the hell its doing this. Is there an option in BIOS or something, cause i can't figure it out.

Thanx

did you partition the os correctly.

because it sounds like the os is not installed fully

Try using the disc to fix the Master Boot Record(MBR). I am unsure as how to do this but it should be under the repair console on the disk.

Yeah i ran fixmbr and did all that, but it still is giving me the stupid boot disk error every time i reboot. This is rediculous cause it takes FOREVER to boot up cause i takes around a minute to get past the damn bios screen, just to get to the stupid boot error screen. I'm running a amd athlon 2600+ with 512corsair xms ram, on a brand new Shuttle i just bought.

Anyone have any other ideas?

u do have it set to boot from the hdd in the bios rite, i kno very simple but its the simple things ppl overlook, the order should b cd-rom, floppy if u have any floppy boot disks u use and then the hdd, if the hdd isnt there its gonna give a boot error

uh... is your HDD SATA(Serial ATA)? or anything along that line? If so, you may have to reinstall again. Since you have no system stats, I can't tell

if the bios is taking along time to pass, try clearing NVRAM. long shot, but never know. also, try reseating the IDE cable. make sure if you do a fixmbr, clear nvram first as when the mbr is setup from a zero write (instead of a format, like low level format), the bootstrap info is passed the the MBR. so clear NVRAM, if that doesn't work, write zeroes. actually, before even that I would possibly update the bios. ALSO, do you have any drives in slave configuration? disconnect them and try again. also disconnect the secondary IDE controller from the cd drive if no slave drives are present. not saying do this permanently but it will show if there is a problem with the drive configs with the registry. ESPECIALLY since registry is taking soooo long. When it freezes for a bit what is the LAST thing shown being detected and the next thing after it gets passed it? AND is it like that EVERYTIME (as in the last and next thing detected from bios constant or does it very). Thats going to be you likely culprit, the next thing loaded that is. so clear nvram see what that does. either do that in bios (if supported), and if not then jumper the MBD to reset. reboot. get the date time error. shut off, set jumper BACK to normal, reboot and reset the bios. make sure HDD is set for auto, and that the jumper is set on HDD to manual. if that messes up, try setting the HDD to master, but auto SHOULD work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom