Compatability/performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopoldStotch

Solid State Member
I have done some research and have not been able to determine compatability/performance for the following system. I have a Gateway FX510XT, Pentium 965 Extreme Ed.(3.73GHz,1066MHz FSB,2x2M cache,HT), on an Intel Motherboard w/975X 10/10/1000 LAN, with 4096MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (4-1024MB modules, 1000GB (1TB) 7200RPM SATA II w/Raid 0 (2-500GB HDD) w/NCQ, 700-Watt Power Supply, running ATI Radeon X1900 CrossFire Ed. 512MB, Dual DVI, VGA Support with an ATI Radeon X1900 XT and an ATI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner. My question is will an Ageia PhysX Card be compatable with this system and if so what would the performance expectations be? Does anyone know or can anyone refer me to a site that can answer this question? Thanks.

wait the computer came with 4GB? or is capable of using 4GB? cause if u are USING, not CAPABLE OF USING 4GB, then u should downgrade to 2GB, but i would use the term Upgrade for that, unless of course if ur using Vista, which im sure ur not.

The system came stock with 4 gigs. I will be using it as I will be running two monitors and multitasking while gaming. There are also other perhiperals I did not list because I don't think they would affect the internal hardware architecture. I also tried to make sure the entire system was Vista capable as I plan on upgrading from XP as soon as it comes out and I hope everything will run smoothly with Direct X 10

well while u are using XP, you should use ONLY 2GB, because windows maximum capable of utilizing 3GB, and even the 3GB will be slower than the 2GB Dual Channel. just because u have 2 monitors doesnt mean windows will be able to use 4GB without slowing down.

Thanks, I did not know that. That is helpful and easy enough to do. I am keen on finding out about the physics card. That seems to be a difficult one to find an answer to. I appreciate your time in replying to my posts.

I did research your reply and found a CNET review at: http://exactchoice.cnet.com/ProductProfile.aspx?id=5289
that said the following "This memory's type, capacity and speed are suited to high-performance needs. Whereas average users are unlikely to notice any benefit, intense gamers, multimedia professionals, and certain types of highly technical users can likely utilize all of the 4 gigabytes (4GB) available. As for the type of memory, Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM is a recent, faster version of the popular DDR lineage of memory technologies. It comes packaged as four 1GB modules." Hopefully quoting and citing does not violate any policies of this site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom