How much for gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
coolermaster 80, its the smallest one they have... it handles standard oc'ing no problem. the adjustable fan speed is pretty cool, theres a nob that goes in a pci slot and u can turn the fan that blows across the heat exchanger up and down. i just ordered some dampening pads for the case/radiator and radiator/fan interface cuz i was getting some extra hum from vibrations
i havent really done any research on the pump (i hope i dont regret it) or anything so i havent started modifying it to cool my gpu/hd's. hopefully it produces enough head to do it, but we'll see. time to bust out the ol' fluid mechanics book :)

If you build your own gaming pc, $1500 can take you far. You could even spend a little less, and still have a powerful machine capable of handling the latest games. That's my two cents.

Alright so I take it this is 1500 US? So roughly 1750 canadian not sure. Thats not to bad.

I bought my pc right now from MDG for about 900 dollars and its pretty basic so I dont know what I would use from it.

now all I need is a job -_-

1500$ Is a good amount of money for a high-end machine, if you wish to make it an over-standard "High-end" machine you'll need 2000$, if you want to make a machine that shoots stardust out of its exahust fans, with every possible add-on you can get out there to cranck everything to the absolute extreme maximum, you'll need 3500 to 5000$.

You'll definitely want to wait for Conroe, but a graphics card could be a little tricky if you want to take full advantage of Windows Vista. What you could do is get a fairly good 7600 GT now, for about 160 USD, and replace it with one of Nvidia or ATI's next-gen models once the prices drop a bit.

I agree with Orayn, but know that you would be waiting until October or later for the next-gen videocards to come out. A 7600GT should carry you over until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom