Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
CntdwnToExtn said:
i havn't even loaded on vista yet, and i'm already gettin' highly annoyed by it.

fricken thing wants over 19gig free space in order to install and i only have 16.3 free

there goes a couple games off my computer
:|

in comes partition magic to move the space over to the other partition it's intalling to.

4gig download, how much fricken space does this thing need???

arg! i say!
arg!

took me 4 times to download it because it liked to screw up with 3 megs left in the download each time.

arg i say again
What is so bad most fully featured OS's today are in the 3-4 Gig range, Gparted or another utility for partitions is also always a good move when installing more than one operating system as well. The download problem is from overloaded public servers not the operating system. And I just will not buy the 20 gig deal as I never experianced that.

People are silly if they are going to sacrifice speed and power just for eye candy LOL.......and thats almost 100% of what vista is selling, if it ever actually comes out, so far its still vaporware

Say that a year ago and I would agree but they are finally pushing this to a real product. Vista is alot of eye candy, alot of copied ideas from mac/*nix as well and a overall security upgrade.

According to a post made at the Windows Vista Beta Newsgroup, Microsoft are planning to release Windows Vista Build 5456.5 to MS Connect testers today!

Supposedly, they had spent last night copying the appropriate files to the connect servers, for its availability today. It is not yet known what new features and improvements this build will offer.

http://www.jcxp.net/

This is just a update to the Vista Builds. It will have some bug fixes that are nto in Build 5384.4 that was released to the Public.

As of right now i dont think that M$ has plans to have Vista to connect to the 360 in the UK. I think that is only for the US as of right now. So i dont think that this build will have that fixed for you.

As anticipated, Microsoft have released Windows Vista Build 5456 to testers via MS Connect. The build is available for both x86 and x64 users. As ever, beta testers with x64 compatible machines should download and install the x64 version to aid the beta testing and bug elimination process.

The entire build string is as follows:
5456.5.060620-1700_winmain_idx03

The x86 DVD is 2,572.91 MB, and the x64 DVD is 3,356.9 MB - considerably smaller than past releases. Testers can still use their 5342 and up Product Keys to install the Ultimate SKU.

https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=4&DownloadID=2174

As anticipated, Microsoft have released Windows Vista Build 5456 to testers via MS Connect. The build is available for both x86 and x64 users. As ever, beta testers with x64 compatible machines should download and install the x64 version to aid the beta testing and bug elimination process.

The entire build string is as follows:
5456.5.060620-1700_winmain_idx03

The x86 DVD is 2,572.91 MB, and the x64 DVD is 3,356.9 MB - considerably smaller than past releases. Testers can still use their 5342 and up Product Keys to install the Ultimate SKU.

https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=4&DownloadID=2174

A few months ago, back when Microsoft was announcing the latest date slip for Windows Vista to early 2007, analysts and hardware manufacturers were both disappointed, and Microsoft had to do something to avoid that the whole PC market suffers from this delay.

Now that things are more calm and that the delay is accepted by everybody, Microsoft is now thinking about what it could do to help PC manufacturers to go through the holidays.

As such, Microsoft is expected to promote Windows Vista as early as the holiday time, and to convince users that the period will be a great time to upgrade their computer to Windows Vista-ready hardware, through a program that lets users upgrade their PC "easily and affordably".

http://neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom