micro ATX on ATX case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not really familer with them.. but since there micro, they have less power. If you want to use it on a regular PC then it wont work. Since it wont have enough power. But i mean maybe if ur good with metal, u can make somthing or customize ur case so u can put 2 in there? but i mean why would u put 2 in there if u can get 1 big one when it has more wattage? Also what are u going to use it for anyway?

yes that will be ok. standard ATX case have screw holes for microATX mobos. it's basically just the same holes as ATX, but shorter. the hole locations overlap.

if i got your question correctly, ure asking whether it would fit right? well, my answer is that it fits, micro atx is smaller than an atx, so yeah, itd do ok

So the AGP card and the PCI cards would line up with the ATX case right? I want to get a new case (X-Dreamer II) but i have a micro ATX mainboard, and i was wondering if it would fit into the case. I noticed that the mouse, keyboard, and those other stuff's holes don't match up to the case. Could I just cut out that piece of metal somehow?

yes everything will work fine, i even fit a full tx mobo into a mini=atx case, they are all the same except the micro atx dont have as many pci slots, so its shorter, gl

everything should line up with the same IO shield as an ATX motherboard. if you have to cut something that means you have it installed incorrectly. some cases make a tight fit with the motherboard so be careful not to damage it.

mRk said:
Could I just cut out that piece of metal somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom