Price vs Performance catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.
BennyV04988 said:
(in the voice of darth vader) - "with our powers combined...we can change the weak-minded of this forum" lmao...

You have been quoted in my sig. :)

BennyV04988 said:
But I'm fine with 1gb of ram. looked it all up. not impressed with 2gb benches.

2GB lets you have MUCH less stuttering in a game, a more consistent gameplay. Worth it, IMO.

Check it out.

mobo wont be that cheap for a 975x chipset..... the RD600 chipset is supposed to be around $150, the RS600 below $100. I'm guessin the 965 chipset to be around $150. But $130 for a 975x mobo..... highly doubt that will happen.

None of you have ever gotten your hands on a retail Conroe chip, it's a bit arrogant to be making assumptions yet. Personally, I like to wait until multiple aftermarket 3rd party benchmarking and testing is completed, and base my decision upon those.

None of you have ever gotten your hands on a retail Conroe chip
Thats most likely true, but ppl on XS have them and i like their results. See..... searchin can be a wonderful thing ;)

Right, don't count on a 975X chipset, just one that supports Conroe.

PS: I still need to know more about those chipsets. Where did you get the info on those prices, Meefle?

Brtnboarder495 said:
None of you have ever gotten your hands on a retail Conroe chip, it's a bit arrogant to be making assumptions yet. Personally, I like to wait until multiple aftermarket 3rd party benchmarking and testing is completed, and base my decision upon those.

What Meefle said, basically. And third party benchmarks are all over the internet. You don't still think that the Anandtech benchmarks are the only ones on the internet, do you? There are more than you can keep track of. And few of them have any relation to Intel.

I have not seen a single bench of the Conroe not beating AMD. They're all different too. I think it's for real burton. :) Seeing as we're sooooo divided on conroe... I think the rest of the world is too. So why wouldn't we see mised benchmarks if they were fakes?

Oh and about ram info...I can always pick up another stick if I need it. It's not crucial to the initial investment persay. much like a soundcard or what not. :cool:

RD, RS600 - http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2723
the 965 (along with all other conroe chipsets) mostly from XS. I'd advise you to check it out there, their alot more advanced then TF.

no offense TF, but i dont see ppl here with phase cooling, even just good watercoolin systems. the name of XS suggests everything they have pretty much, Xtreme overclockin to xtreme coolin and case moddin and everything else.

Your post made no sense.

A Conroe E6600 (2.4Ghz) is better than anything AMD has. And a Conroe E6400 (2.13Ghz) matches the FX-62.

No wonder we don't see any benchmarks with the Conroes losing. :rolleyes:

--

Thank you Meefle, and yea, I'm a regular at XS. I also agree with you about TF, lol.

I think the only way a A64 beats a conroe is when it comes to decoding and stuff like that. Its just like how the P4 beat the A64s. But ppl here are mostly lookin for gamin, not decoding and stuff like that

Infomatic said:
Your post made no sense.

A Conroe E6600 (2.4Ghz) is better than anything AMD has. And a Conroe E6400 (2.13Ghz) matches the FX-62.

No wonder we don't see any benchmarks with the Conroes losing. :rolleyes:

uhh...If you were making a FAKE bench in favor of AMD, then 2.4GHz of Intel wouldn't mean shiit to you. (I know daam well it's better!)

I was talking about seeing a FAKE bench, (conroe loooooosing) becuase thats what burton was implying. ( that conroe benches were false). So i suggested then if they were fake, why no "conroe sucks" benches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom