How much for gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
How much would a good gaming pc cost that could handle vista easily and play games like Battlefield 2142, Counterstrike source and any top/new games out there on high settings well. I already have montitor, speaker, mouse, keyboard, etc. I just need the tower.

Hardly. $1500 I'd say. Most of that budget would be the videocard(s).

Vista only needs 1GB to run. BF2142 needs 2GB, thats easy enough, almost standard in gaming now.

Nothing makes a gaming PC like the videocard(s). You build a gaming PC around the videocard(s).

$1500 if thats all you need to do. You won't be getting a crazy soundcard, etc.

-----------

I just did one in a hurry with a Core 2 Duo processor. Came to $1500. It had Dual 7900GTs. But it was missing an awesome soundcard, a second Raptor Hard Drive, etc. All the "luxury" stuff was out, but it gives you an idea of what you need to get.

You could easily build something pretty solid for $1500, post any current hardware you wish to use in the build first.

Build your new pc . DO NOT BUY building usually costs less and you know exactly whats in you're machine.

Without the monitor... you can probably get it for lower than $1500 if you buy all the piece seperately.

Wait till the Conroe comes out and either get that or buy a dual core AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom