REVERSE Hyperthreading for AM2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it Reverse HT makes so much sense.

Thats cool :D

Im really behind on all this, I gotta read up all the threads, and all 70 pages on it.

Its still a rumor (though, IMO, its a pretty solid rumor). Still, nothing official has been released on the subject.

It's been nearly confirmed that AMD will not be buying ATI, that that was purely a stupid rumor. Who knows though ... look at Dell and AMD.

Infomatic said:
No. Reverse HT is what would make a Quad Core into a supercharged Dual Core. Anything more than that is not possible. There is no way, currently, to make a Quad Core into a really fast Single Core.

RHT/Multiplexing is still a rumor. They may have the ability to make 4 cores as one. Or maybe are working on it now. We won't know until something is said by the companies.

Looking at the technology, and how they would accomplish it, there is no need to deny that it could be done. Its not hard to do at all, us regular users just never looked at it as an option. For all fairness, its been in R&D for many many years now.

Core Multiplexing is an option in the Intel "BadAxe" R.304 motherboard. Thats as much confirmation as I need, personally. It won't work as soon as you fire it up, you'd need a Windows patch and maybe a BIOS update. But its there, and I'll take it. You guys, ofcourse, are free to believe whatever you wish.

From what I understand, RHT/CMP are different concepts. I personally believe the CMP is real, as there is hard proof of it. But RHT has a lot of "rumor proof" around it. Such as people overhearing AMD engineers talking about it, etc. I do hope its as easy to implement as The Inquirer says. After you seperate fact from fiction, L'Inq is an exceptionally useful website.

Can you imagine an octo-quadcore-Opteron system using reverse HT to connect them all?

We're talking like 90 fps in Oblivion. o_O

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom