x1900 stutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Ever had to use ATi's Linux drivers?

Didn't think so.
yeah, this is a good examle. Nvidia cards have no problem on Linux, there's plenty of driver support for them. but it's really hard to get ATI cards working properly on Linux

but anyway. try the catalyst drivers first. if that doesn't work take out 2GB of RAM. if that doesn't work, try the cards by themselves

sorry for the confusion. Im new to the ati world again and dont know the names of the ati stuff, xt,xtx,gto blah blah lol. I bought the 2 fastest cards that are out the 1900xtx and the 1900 crossfire master card

I don't think you can use tw different cards in Crossfire... Different brands of the same card maybe, but if the cards have different GPU's then they can't use SMP.

jseber1982 said:
And no im not rich, i just sold a lot of stuff on ebay. And im not a teenager like a lot of ppl on this forum,, no offense lol. Been to college and all.
lol dude. you are still a college student...its kinda same as "teenager" in my category. its ok to be rich. or having rich parents. so let me ask u this..how did u get the stuff u sold on ebay in the first place? i have killer systems but im not rich. i worked hard and i made myself poor to get those systems. so just admit it...u r rich!

I don't think you can use tw different cards in Crossfire...
Yes you can....that was kind of the whole point of crossfire I believe. To be more versatile than SLI.

You need a normal card and a master card to go along with it which is what he says he has. More over, I'm pretty sure with crossfire they were specifically making it so that you dont have to have the same cards for it to work.

lol dude. you are still a college student...
He said he's "Been" to college indicating past tense.

That's aright, I'm still working on making a sentence in japanese at this point :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom