PCI Serial Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox

Daemon Poster
Alright...you don't see me posting in here often or at all.

Anyway, tomorrow I will be leaving to go to New York for a week. I will have limited internet access due to the fact that all I'll have access to is dialup. Really...crappy....dialup....yea, 24,400bps... :mad:

Anyway, I gotta solve this problem by tonight.

Now, onward to the problem!

I've got here a Dell Optiplex GX110 running Windows 98SE.

P3 667Mhz, 128mb of PC100 SDRAM, etc etc....

It has a riser card.

When I put the riser card in, windows recognizes it as a "PCI Serial Controller", and surprsingly enough...windows can't find a driver for it. :amazed: Now, that's a problem because if I can't get the riser card to work then I can't get the 56k modem that's on it to work either. I've tried everything that I can think of....So....I'm starting to get a bit frustrated at this stupid POS dell. Anyway, that should be all the information you need, but if not then ask and you shall receive.

SO you need a driver for a 56k dail-up modem?

Can't do much unless we have a name for that card, tell us of any markings on the card itself or Serial numbers

www.driverguide.com is a fantastic website for those hard-to-get drivers. If it isn't there, it isn't anywhere. Need to register though, but it's free.

fangs2000 said:
SO you need a driver for a 56k dail-up modem?

Can't do much unless we have a name for that card, tell us of any markings on the card itself or Serial numbers

www.driverguide.com is a fantastic website for those hard-to-get drivers. If it isn't there, it isn't anywhere. Need to register though, but it's free.

No, what I need to more or less know is what to tell windows what the riser card is.

Edit: I don't really expect anyone to know the solution to this problem off of the top of their heads, but I thought that maybe someone else would have a better idea of what to look for.

Alright, I solved the problem. A Dell computer with a Windows OS is just asking for trouble. :D

...it was a rather lengthy process. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom