Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
i have 2 pc's in my house and the "family" one is owned by my mum so it helps her sleep at night if norton is installed..*rolls eyes*howeevr i have recently put bitdefender 9 security suit on as we all knwo nortons rubbish and it was lagging the computer, i have read and from previous experiences thougth bitdefender is a very good antivirus but is it and does it hog the system? are there any good AV's that dont hog the system if bitdefender does (by recommendatio), bear in mind i hate AVG. so basically is bitdefender any good?

I like Symantec Antivirus keep in mind this is different than Norton. You may also want to look at Avast but bitdefender is a good AV as well.

I use bitdefender 9 very good indeed i also have ewido security suite both run at start up and no problems so far :) I also have AVG installed but not running at start up. So far no conflicts first time iv managed to get 3 anti viruses running without trouble.

That's because all symanctec does is detect and scan for viruses compare to the feature that comes with Norton Anti-Virus 2006 which has spyware protection, worm protection, email, IM, etc etc. That's why it hog alot of memory. It's unnoticable on high end machine but it's pretty bad on system that aren't equip with the latest hardware.

The one you should try is avast and anti-vir, both are great but avast is better. Both are good for lowend machine also.

Law said:
That's because all symanctec does is detect and scan for viruses compare to the feature that comes with Norton Anti-Virus 2006 which has spyware protection, worm protection, email, IM, etc etc.

I find it always annoying when people buy low end pc`s and are always conned into getting norton 2006 with their machine, when most times it struggles to handle it.

the amount of pc`s I fix for people and most are computer illiterate they all have norton 2006 installed, I still say people should be forced to learn basic computer skills.

baronvongogo said:
I find it always annoying when people buy low end pc`s and are always conned into getting norton 2006 with their machine, when most times it struggles to handle it.

the amount of pc`s I fix for people and most are computer illiterate they all have norton 2006 installed, I still say people should be forced to learn basic computer skills.
yeah, it would be for there own good wouldnt it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom