DFI LP SLI-DR help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
Okay, so if I power of my computer, the only what I can get it to turn back on is but flipping the switch on the PSU, walking away to have a cigarette, coming back and flipping it back on. I can reboot just fine, but I can't power off and power back on. Is this a PSU compatibility problem? I have an Antec PSU. Has anyone else experienced this?

So you turn it on, then you turn it off. And then you try to turn it on again but you cant

:freak: :classic: Strange

what happens when you press the power button on the motherboard?

i've had a psu like this before...it was some generic one though.
it would run fine, but needed time for some reason if you turned it off and wanted it back on right away.

don't know what the problem was, i took it back to the store the next day and got a different one.

If I press either of the power buttons just nothing happens. Fans don't spin, it's as if I didn't even press the button. That's the case button and the one on the motherboard.

Another thing I noticed is that there is a flashing yellow light at the bottom of the board, and if it's flashing, I can't turn it on. Once it stops flashing I can turn it on. It's faster to flip the PSU switch wait and come back to flip it back on than it is to wait for the light to stop flashing.

wierd..i have the same mobo but never happenned to me before...
go to DFI-street.com and ask or search about it. cuz they are the pros for this.

Did you check the connection between the Case button and the motherboard? The wire could have came loose within the case panel or you could have accidently knocked the wire out of the Motherboard.

nitestick said:
how often is it flickering? that is the standby power light. if unplugged from electricity it will flicker every i guess 20-30 seconds. definitely sounds like a power issue if it is flickering while the power is connected

It flickers for like 5 minutes, then stops. But it's faster to just cut the PSU switch off and turn it back on later. I don't have an account at DFI-street.com and I don't really feel like registering, lol. I'll stick a different PSU in and see if it behaves differently.

turtile said:
Did you check the connection between the Case button and the motherboard? The wire could have came loose within the case panel or you could have accidently knocked the wire out of the Motherboard.

The switch is attached perfectly. There are two buttons physically on the motherboard and even they don't do anything while the light is flickering.

Is something overheating? Sounds to me like something has to cool down before you can power on again. Are any of the capacitors bulging or leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom