What Notebook? For Music Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, lol?

Its not the fact that its a Mac, its the fact that it has an Intel Core Duo processor in it. If you take a notebook, say from Acer or Dell or something, that has a 2.13Ghz Core Duo processor in it, that notebook (running Windows, mind you) would perform the same as your MacBook.

You want to wait for my Conroe to arrive, Lol? I'll show you SuperPi times that will make your MacBook look like a Pentium III.

The processor is not what makes the Mac. If there is nothing on the Mac that attracts me to it, some sort of application or something, then I don't care if it has a Core 2 Extreme X6800 processor in it. My opinion on the actual Mac still hasn't changed - I still have no opinion.

P.S. - Why are you doing that benchmark in [BootCamp?] Windows, lol? You're point is totally invalid since there is nothing "Mac" about that benchmark.

I can see why people get irritated with you easliy. Nothing is good enough for you, and no one is smart enough for you. :confused: I used to like you, but now you show your real colours. Can't wait til you see that you are not welcome here and finally stop re-registering.

Good day to you.

If you have a personal problem with me, thats fine. I can understand it if you can't present any actual proof to support your argument, lol. But please don't try to insult me, as I did nothing to insult you directly in my last post.

Trust me, I have no love for you guys either, and its not because I want to talk to you that I re-register, lol.

"True colors?" I'm trying to be friendly, buddy. If I just proved your case to be totally false, don't blame me. Its like they say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Or rather, in this case, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

whats this...another useless mac haters, PC haters??? cmon ppl...there are always good thing and bad thing about either side. i own em both and i like em both. computer is just a tool. how you use them is more important than which 1 is better in general... cuz thats totally useless opinion.

Agreed, I have nothing against the Mac. Just like I have nothing for the Mac. To those that actually use what a Mac has to offer - Good for you, More power to you, whatever. But I don't see what I would use a Mac for - thus I have no opinion on it.

Infomatic said:
If you have a personal problem with me, thats fine. I can understand it if you can't present any actual proof to support your argument, lol. But please don't try to insult me, as I did nothing to insult you directly in my last post.

Trust me, I have no love for you guys either, and its not because I want to talk to you that I re-register, lol.

"True colors?" I'm trying to be friendly, buddy. If I just proved your case to be totally false, don't blame me. Its like they say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Or rather, in this case, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Regardles of the operating system, the computer is made by Apple, and is a Macintosh computer. It is impossible to test, legitamitly, OS vs. OS, unless you are using a Mac. The illegal OSx86 distro is very crappy and totally unusable, as I have used it and it sucks. If I were testing OS vs. OS, I would have done several tests, not a pure CPU test. So yes, my test was a legit argument towards the quote I made of talldude123.

I am not a big OSX defender, as I really do prefer Linux, so don't take me as a Mac fanboy. But saying that testing SuperPI on a Macbook Pro is not a legitamit benchmark is a blatantly false statement, and makes you look like an anti-Mac, I-have-biased-opinions-and-use-Windows, Mac hater.

You are not being friendly, Flanker. You are being a jerk, and on purpose.

You don't need to show me your Conroe benchmarks, wait til I get my Conroe Powermac, and I will show myself the benchmarks. :p

You were trying to get me to "have an opinion" about the Mac. SuperPi is a perfectly legitimate benchmark, if you are testing the power of the processor. Like I said, your benchmark is exactly the same as you would see on a Windows-based 2.13Ghz Core Duo notebook. There is nothing "Mac-esque" about it.

Trust me, I don't care about the Mac, lol. I certainly don't hate it. My friend is getting it, for god's sakes, and I'm perfectly fine with that. He likes it and he would use it. I don't care about it, because I wouldn't use it.

I'm not trying to be mean, but your attempt at making me "have an opinion" about the Mac failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom