AM2 has a sectret weapon - apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still staying w/ S939 for a LONG while so if anybody wonderd thats why ive been bashing both Conroe and AM2. I really dont have a problem w/ either and no matter what AMD fanboys, Intel has it this round and the processor isnt even out. And Info, ppl may still want AMD because they are AMD fanboys and dont want an Intel period no matter how much better it performs. Some ppl are that wayand you cant change it no matter how much you argue the Conroe is better. Thats why im skipping this processor battle and waiting for the next gen to come out. Quad core is my next step.

Infomatic said:
Why? I'm not flaming or anything. I only wish for you to elaborate on your opinion that AM2 is just as good an option as Conroe?

No, Im not saying that you were flaming. I was just making a general statement that both of them are good procs. I wasnt trying to aim anything at anyone.

Secondly, I agree that everything is moving (by teh industries choice not ours) towards 64-bit. We all can see/agree on that.

As far as your final point. I'll look back and see if I missed anything, its very possible that I did. The impression that I get (and maybe its a misunderstanding on my part) is that RHT wont make that much of a difference, because its a virtual emulation so its got to simulate the program at the instruction level to use multiple threads instead of just goin through like it would single core.. so the system has to add this step to save time later on... I dunno..

anywyas I have a question for you.. are the prices you listed for AMD the dropped prices or not?

No, I have to admit that those are the current prices. However, only the X2 3800+ will be cheaper than a Conroe. If building a system, a Conroe will still be the way to go. Even if the price on the X2 4800+ drops a whole 50% (it won't), it would be $315. Still considerably more than the $183 Conroe that outperforms it.

EDIT: I like how the thread title has a typo in it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom