new computer not cooperating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
i just recently recieved my Biostar M7VIG400 and Athlon XP 2200+ Socket A, along with psu, case, and cd drive..and the scoop is that i put it all together, plug it all in, turn it on, and it stays at the Biostar screen and i press delete, it still stays there for about a minute and goes to bios, i set the fsb frequency to 133mhz because the cpu fsb is 266mhz (since 133 x 2 = 266) after finding that it was set at 100, still, nothing..any help will be highly appreciated, ive tried all i know..thanks in advance

There's a couple things I would try:

Remove all but the bare essentials (CPU and RAM) and see how far it boots.
Reset the BIOS to factory settings.
The BIOS should have a hardware monitor so that you can check to see if it's overheating.
Try different RAM is available, or try using different combinations of sticks and slots of what you have.

well my heatsink clips..hehe i snapped one trying to get it off to clean the excess compound off the cpu and dont wanna risk breaking another or not being able to get it back on..anything else? i tried switching ram slots..my other comp is being used atm so i gotta wait on trying diff ram

edit: misread what u typed..so remove hdd, optical, floppy isnt connected atm anyway, will get back to u

okay it goes fast now..i really hope it isnt my hard drive....i could care less about the cd-r..gonna try with hard drive.. WISH ME THE BEST OF LUCK

W00000T i just put it on cable select..installing windows on it now go ****ing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so good right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom