What Notebook? For Music Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't look at Windows PC for music recording. it has to be MAC. its the standard for music industry. thats how it is. as im a professional recording engineer, every single commercial studio's recording comp is MAC. and the standard rec. app is Digidesign ProTools for U.S. and lots of ppl uses digital performer for Euro. i would recommend him to get any MAC laptop w/ digidesign digi002, or if hes on budget, MBox will be good. those are still professional compatible. becouse the file format (audio and session files) is the same as the professional grade ProTools HD system. so you can record anything at home or location and you can open up the same session file at any professional recording studios on the fly and do more work on it, or start mixing or w/e you wanna do. im not sure how serious this guy is about recording but please do not get windows PC for music...it just doesnt make sence...its like getting MAC for gaming...

Infomatic said:
Person 1 -- "What can your PC do that my Mac can't do better?"

Person 2 -- "Right click."
sorry but there is "right click" on mac. its standard since like OS8. where were u?

I wasn't serious dude, I know. Thats just one of my fav. quotes. :)

I really have no opinion on Macs. My friend's getting a MacBook Pro, and he doesn't game anymore (except Warcraft III, and thats avaliable on the Mac) so yea...I really had no opinion on that, lol.

lol - Did I say he was into recording? I really don't think I did. I said, "He's a music student in college." If you're going to reply to a thread, at least read most of it so you don't look like an idiot in your replies.

If the college thought that he needed a MAC for what he was doing, they would have said, "Get a Mac notebook." but they didn't. they just said a notebook is required for the courses. Who knows what he'll be doing with it. Nor do I really care.

Infomatic said:
I wasn't serious dude, I know. Thats just one of my fav. quotes. :)

I really have no opinion on Macs. My friend's getting a MacBook Pro, and he doesn't game anymore (except Warcraft III, and thats avaliable on the Mac) so yea...I really had no opinion on that, lol.

Let me direct you to the "Post your fastest SuperPI times" thread. Maybe, just maybe you'll have an opinion then.

Havoc - I was merely saying the 3.5 hours of battery sucks. Whether or not this is a Mac, and whether or not you like Macs is beside the point. Fact is, I get 5 or 6 hours of battery like. Therefore it must be possible to have a Windows laptop with better battery life than 3.5 hours.

Macbook, dual core 1.83Ghz, 512mb ram, integrated graphics (you said you don't need to do anything graphical anyways, right?), integrated webcam (high quality!), 13.3 inches ~ $1100

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - Did I say he was into recording? I really don't think I did. I said, "He's a music student in college." If you're going to reply to a thread, at least read most of it so you don't look like an idiot in your replies.

If the college thought that he needed a MAC for what he was doing, they would have said, "Get a Mac notebook." but they didn't. they just said a notebook is required for the courses. Who knows what he'll be doing with it. Nor do I really care.
so why are you saying hes a MUSIC school student? but he needs laptop for none recording purposes? you did not spesifically say its NOT for recording. so i would say you look like idiot to me. i HAD to assume its for recording. Music Student+Lap top=recording or notation. get a common sense, buddy.

look what u said and think about it.
posted by HAVOC2k5:
"He's doing music and needs a pretty decent notebook as a requirement."
"i'm assuming it will be some type of audio edting programs."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom