Dual Boot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
I just got windows vista and i wanna try it out. I know you can install 2 OS on one HDD but im not sure how to do it. Can anyone help me out here by explaining Step By Step??

Thnx for the help
Stevo808

It isnt recommended to install 2 OS's on the same HDD. What will happen is that the files for XP will become .old files and the Vista will be the ones used. Which in turn can corrupt your XP isntall since it is trying to use the current Windows files which are actually for Vista.

You are better off getting partition magic and making a seperate partition for this. It will save you a LOT of hassle in the long run.

Not a problem. If you have any more question about the install and setup of Vista just ask.

Awesome i got it working but then during the setup it gave me an error. Which i think the one i got is corrupted.

Which Error did you get. It migh not be a corrupted download there might just be something else that is wrong.

well i gotta re-install it again to see the error, i dont have much time on my hands but ill get to you when ill do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom