Gaming Build - Will the $$$ Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Okay..I need to build before college so basically 2nd week in August. Will the price change much from now till then? It's $1178 with shipping. But I think this build is PRIME. I've customized and sought out everrry single piece. :cool:

LCD - $175 - Rosewill 19" 8ms DVI
(NOOO room for a crt. lofting with desk under bed.)

GPU - $244.00 - eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB
(eVGA Step-up and warranty)

CPU - $145.00 - AMD 64 3800 2.4GHz 1GHz FSB S939
(AMD 64-OC 2.8GHz-1MB L2)

RAM - $129.00 - Corsair XMS 2GB Pack DDR400 RAM
(2GB Greatly Increases System Speed)

MOBO - $107.00 - ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
(SLI Compatabile-ASUS!-Decent OC'r?)

PSU - $69.00 - Antec TRUEPOWER 2.0 550W Power Supply
(550W-SLI Ready-VALUE)

HD - $80.00 - WD Caviar 16MB 250GB SATA 3Gb/s
(16 MB Cache-Partition for OS+Prog)-(Games)-(Storage))

TOWER - $60.00 - Aspire x-Plorer Black w/Side Window
(No PSU-Fan Control-Front Vents-Window)

HSF - $39.00 - Zalman 7000 CU HSF
(Copper-OC to 2.6GHz)

DVD - $36.00 - DVD Burner
(Standard DVD Burner)

SND - $29.00 - Creative Labs Augidy 7.1 Soundcard
(Higher quality gaming - better fps?)

HDPHNS- $17.00 - ALTEC LANSING STEREO STUDIO HEADPHONES
(BASS-Roommate = Quite Times!!!)

MOUSE - $6.00 - Logitech Premium Optical Wheel Mouse
(Cheap optical-Logitech quality)

FANS - $8.00 - 2x 80MM RED LED FAN For Front Intake
(BLUE and RED LED 80MM fans - REDs cool the HDD)

Any comments suggestions? Don't like the board? etc...
:)

ugggg....i knew you'd say that. I don't want to have to buy DDR2 and an L775 board and allll that crap....seems like i'd be back at square one.

But that AMD i assume is locked in? Its not going to go back up to 300? after conroe that is?

I'll probably go conroe...*sigh* Will there be decent boards out? I have no idea how to setup and intel build.

wait arent the amds gonna drop prices? i heard the x2 (s939) will drop by 30% or 50% not sure which. but i would go with conroe.

The regular 64 SC already dropped to match Intel's D or something, but yes the X2's will drop a huuuuge amount.

I do believe Conroe is more bang for the buck. I mean equal to AMD 2.4GHz DC for just 180 bucks? wowzers. It might drive up my price a fair bit though, yet in the long run would be compatable with all the huge conroes for the next few years. I think I need help setting up a nice conroe build when it comes out. It sounds painful but...oh well :/

All you'd have to change is mobo/ram/cpu and that's it. I dont know how well the Conroes will perform with only 2mb of cache.

I'm def gonna have to wait to see how this AMD AM2 RHT issue plays out. We'll see....AM2 boards are still expensive though. and so is DDR2 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom