Bluescreen. Done what I thought may fix the problem. I was wrong. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ygen4

Solid State Member
Got this bluescreen the other day:

Technical information:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0xAF513582, 0x8BBB2AE0, 0x00000000)

NVTcp.sys Address AF513582 base at AF502000.
Date Stamp 4253b85b

Read around the net about it, and I did three things which should make this go away (It comes up roughly each 2 days or so).

1. Updated Chipset driver
2. Updated BIOS
3. Deleted Nvidia Network Access Manager (Which also include Nvidia Firewall which Ive had much trouble with).

But after doing this, it sodding came up again, and I dont know what to do.

Hardware btw:

-2x250 GB Hitachi TK7250 7200RPM 8MB cache
-Extern LaCie 250GB USB 2.0 7200RPM 8MB cache
-Club3D 7900GTX 512MB 1600MHz Graphic Card
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2GHz Processor
-2048 MB GeilValue RAM. 400MHz
-Aspire Aluminium 520W PSU
-A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
-Samsung 930BF 19' LCD 4ms
-Logitech Media Keyboard Elite
-Qpad XXXL mouse pad
-Logitech MX518 Mouse
-NEC ND-3550A DVD-drive
-Windows XP Professional SP2 + Vista transformation pack
-Thermaltake Xaser Tsunami Black
-Zalman ZM-MFC1

Would appreciate any help here. If you want me to add additional info, just ask and I will bring it if you specific tells me what info you need.

Thanks so much.

Btw.. after a search on my system partition, I found the file NVTcp.sys Does it help to just delete this file as I dont use that Nvidia Network Access Manager program anymore? Or.. shouldnt I?

/cry

Its still comes up (Now more frequently) and I dont know what to do. But can someone confirm that it is OK or NOT OK to delete NVTcp.sys ?

I just deleted the .sys file as I didnt get any answers here. Did ofc a backup if things screw up, but now Ill see how far it goes.

I once install something that conflicted with nvidia's firewall. uninstalling the program didn't fix it. reinstalling windows and using neither program again did. nvidia firewall was good, but it has to many issues, like not letting me print to a network printer

Ive tried to uninstall the whole NAM program , and Ive tried to just remove the firewall. Ive not been in this "mode" long enough to know if this get rid of the BSOD.

But if I remove either of those, my internet connection doesnt work.. I have no internet.

This thing is friggin me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom