conroe is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthraX said:
Actually, I dont even know yet. I'm building Q1 2007.

That's when im building mine. After Christmas/Birthday money and a whole summers worth of work and mowing lawns i should be able to pull in around $1600-$2000. Then i got graduation presents and money from graduation party, which will be around another $800-$1200. Which will be a nice upgrade.

Conroe for sale (preorder) in the US. Only E6600.

#1.
#2.

They look to be similar websites, probably owned by the same mother company.

Don't wet yourselves kids, its only pre-order. Price will be lower for retail. Thats still not a bad deal though.

I am holding back slightly. I want to see what this reverse hyper threading amounts to.

And Overclockers are quite accurate on prices - atleast they were for GPU's, the X2's and the FX series on pre orders, selling them at retail.

I'm building Mid Aug once i get back from Vac. The smoke should be cleared by then hopefully. I'm looking to build for $1200 with a 19 incher...My shopping cart on newegg keeps droping like 4bucks a day though lol. Maybe I'll have enough to snag an X2 3800. I don't feel like swapping 1/2 my build to fit conroe. and I won't spend over 180 for a cpu. I know I know...the POWER of conroes 240 buck chip is amazing. but thats expensive lol.

You'll have to buy a new motherboard. Only a few chipsets will work with Conroe (and only one revision of one motherboard based on one of those chipsets is avaliable right now). There will be plenty of motherboard, but only 4 or 5 chipsets.

Stop complaining. Athlon 64s were mostly based on 3 chipsets - NForce 4, nForce 4 SLI, and K8T800Pro. 2 chipsets, if you count both NForces as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom