new computer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark knlght

Baseband Member
today i finished building my computer i put it all together and im all excited to try it out but when i press the power button nothing happens. i have checked my cords 10 times ive had both my dad and my brother look at it and they said it was fine so why wont it turn on?

i have a correction i have discovered that when the computer is pluged in and i pull out the reset button cable it jumpstarts the computer

Check all of your jumpers and make sure they are plugged in properly. Also check to make sure that you didn't miss any of the power cables for the motherboard.

A couple simple things to try...

1) Make sure the PSU is turned on in the back and the voltages are set correctly for your country.

2) Make sure all the front panel connections are correctly connected to the motherboard as that could cause the problem. They're really small pins so you could've easily got a couple backwards.

lol... man that sucks

BTW: how did u figure that it was ur harddrive.. mine just stoped working and i m not COMPLETLY sure if its broken

it did but it wouldnt read any keyboard so we couldn't enter the bios system cause we couldnt press delete to enter it

lol are you sure you know what you're talking about? There's a big difference from a hard drive and a motherboard, and they are pretty far apart on the keyboard to make a typo. That sycks if your mobo fried, but how are you sure it's the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom