amd athlon 2gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis91

Beta member
just been given a 2gig amd athlon. at the mo i have a 500mhz amd athlon and i was wondering if i could just swap my old cpu for the new one on my motherboard and if i did would it work?

No, it would not work whatsoever. In order for it to work, you would have to get a new motherboard, then you would have to get new ram, then it would work. So at the minimum you would be spending around $100-$125.

no he obviously doesn't know anything about AMD processors so assume the obvious. he has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ desktop processor. only an idiot would give away an xp2800 at this time, so it is not likely he has one. you need a motherboard which supports XP processors, thats it. you basically will end up building a new computer.

no he obviously doesn't know anything about AMD processors so assume the obvious. he has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ desktop processor.

That's exactly what I figured... =P

Maybe if we knew what was going on then we could help, but either way an XP processor wont work with that motherboard.

well no actually i wudnt need to spend that much,....new motherboard around £35 and i already got 512 ram

ekÆsine said:
no he obviously doesn't know anything about AMD processors so assume the obvious. he has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ desktop processor. only an idiot would give away an xp2800 at this time, so it is not likely he has one. you need a motherboard which supports XP processors, thats it. you basically will end up building a new computer.

and no an idiot would not give it away, my mate gave it me cause hes just bought a new 3gig amd. are all yanks wankers like u?

first off oasis91 i am not a yank if that means yankee. i do not understand why you are getting hostile as i was not specifically calling you or your friend an idiot. i used the term "idiot" loosely. i was just saying it is very unlikely somebody with an xp2800 would give this to someone.

you also just proved my point that you know nothing about what you are talking about as there is no such thing as a "3gig" AMD processor. the most powerful AMD 64 CPU is only 2.4Ghz or "gigs" as you call it. oasis91 you should get a clue before you start lashing out at people.

oasis91 said:
and no an idiot would not give it away, my mate gave it me cause hes just bought a new 3gig amd. are all yanks wankers like u?

That wasn't a good thing to do newbie:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom