Man that was worth the 140 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a G5 and G15

I love both of them. I was considering the Saitek keyboard for a while, but got the G-15 instead. it just has more on it, plus looks better IMO.

I have my PC next to my bed, so often before I go to sleep, I have Itunes on, with my headphones, turn the monitor off, and use the keyboard with the LCD to control my music and let the PC fold overnight

I also love my G5. I don't like wireless (because of batteries, and a bit lower response) so I didn't get the G7.
the only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't have a forward button.

I have the S510 keyboard and mouse kit, and it's awesome, really nice, so thin as well, the keyboard, it looks awesome.

I have a POS Microsoft mouse that i painted hot pink and an eMachines keyboard. I dont really want a new mouse but i wouldnt mind any Saitek keyboard w/ the backlit LEDs in it. Im not really picky cause i dont really care. Now if somebody gave me these or i got them for like 10 bucks each then pshhh i would love them to death i bet. Im kinda poor ATM though so yea.

Beefcake said:
They both feel identically in shape, movement, and the wheel. I use both very often (my MX518 and my friend's G5), and I can say that the MX518 is better. Why would you ever need to go over 1600dpi? Right now I'm used to playing at 1000dpi default, 600dpi for sniping, and 1200dpi for sensitivity. I leave two of the five settings disabled as I don't really need that much variety in sensitivity.

My friend also have the G15 which is nice, but the only thing I really ever get a good use from is the back-lighting. The LCD doesn't really give any good information other then the time (which I just find it easier to look at the clock). The 18 "G" keys are only useful for games like MMORPGs and are very useless for shooters. I just want to hear how good Saitek's new Eclispse II board which I don't think is out yet.

Well yea they are the same shape but I personally like the texture of the G5. Also the scroll wheels are a bit different. The MX518's scroll wheel is smaller and smoother which I don't really like as much. But they are both great mouses and if you need the extra side button go with the MX518, but if you don't care about the extra button I think the G5 has a better feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom