Automatic Reboot problem , URGENTLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

shababy master

Baseband Member
here is a problem , CMOS ERROR message appears when the Pc Starts ,
then a message to continue by pressing F2 and loading default values

So.. i cant save any changes in the Board Bios..

1st i waz ignoring this message by pressing F2 to continue by the real Problem that my PC began to ReBoot automatically then i thought that is overheating..
then i think i eleminate this Reboot by changing in Bios setting which wont be saved because of this message ( CMOS ERROR)
then , anyone have a knowledge about how to Fix this problem ??i mean how to fix this message ( CMOS ERROR )and then how to Avoid Automatic Rebooting by changing in Bios setting???
or any solutions by using Softwares to avoid this rebooting ?????
plz help me

the Actual message ( CMOS SETTINGS WRONG)
i tried to reset the bios using the methods written in this forum
by take the battery out and discharge ,
and the other method by changing the jumper's Slots
the both in Vain

and i also changed the battery ..and in Vain
but i didnt update the bios as i dunno how to do it , tell me plz , or find another solutions to fix the overheating problem plz

I just had this problem a few days ago and solved it by recovering a good working bios. But my problem started because I flashed a bad bios to my motherboard. I would tell you to try to flash the bios with a newer one, but we need to know why it started first. Your problem may not be a bad bios.

so, when have this started? do you remember what was the last thing you did relating to the system before it happened?

also, when you said it reboot automatically, does it happen while working in windows? Does a blue screen of death pop up? if so, what does it say?

and finally, what bios are you using? American megatrend or Award? They have different methods of bios flashing on boot.

zzyzx said:
I just had this problem a few days ago and solved it by recovering a good working bios. But my problem started because I flashed a bad bios to my motherboard. I would tell you to try to flash the bios with a newer one, but we need to know why it started first. Your problem may not be a bad bios.

so, when have this started? do you remember what was the last thing you did relating to the system before it happened?

also, when you said it reboot automatically, does it happen while working in windows? Does a blue screen of death pop up? if so, what does it say?

and finally, what bios are you using? American megatrend or Award? They have different methods of bios flashing on boot.

this prb started year ago since i got this new PC this problem is attached with it
, it reboots automaticaly moments while working in windows and at other moments while starting windows (but not at 1st time Running )
I mean when um workin in Windows it reboots automatically then when it restarts again.. it reboots again before starting windows
anyway
um using American megatrend Bios..
hope u can help me

Ok, so no blue screens of death shows up before rebooting, I was hoping there are so it makes it easier to pinpoint the problem. That makes the list of possible culprit very long but I'll list out what I can think of.
1) You mentioned it, your cpu could be overheating. (Find out how hot it is running at full stress. Download everest or speedfan and then run stress applications like prime95 w/ maximum heatgen settings)
2) Your harddrive might have some problem, maybe loose data wires or corrupted data. Unhook the data wires, and attach them again firmly. Click on my computer, rightclick your main harddrive and select properties, go to Tool tab, then press "check now" under the error-checking to see if your HD have any problems.
3) One of your numerous windows system files might be corrupted. Though, a BSOD would usually appear and tell you what causes it so I doubt this is the case for you. This can be remedied by reinstalling a fresh copy of windows.
4) Your computer might be infected by a virus or malware. There are quite a few viruses that will reboot your pc randomly. Run full system scan with your favorite antivirus software. If you dont' have an antivirus software. You can visit www.pccillin.com click on housecall. They provide free virus/spyware scan online.

As for the checksum Error. I don't know, a few years ago, there were motherboards that comes with a jumper set default at protect CMOS settings, and Checksum errors will always appear every time you boot your computer if you didn't change the jumper settings. I don't know if you have this type of board.

Well, can you post the make and model of your motherboard? If you have trouble identifying it, you can download everest. Got to www.lavalys.com and download it there. I believe the even the trial version will tell you your what model your motherboard is.

The other thing I can think of is you have a corrupted bios. If you want to flash the bios with a new version, you can download the updated bios from your motherboard company, and flash it in windows if you can (the motherboard company would also provide the software to flash in windows. If they don't have it, you can copy the .rom file to an empty floppy disk. Rename the file as AMIBOOT.ROM and put it into your drive. When you start up the computer, hold Ctrl and Home key, it will automatically go into bios recovery mode. However I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T DO THIS YET BECAUSE IF ANYTHING GO WRONG, YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO EVEN START YOUR COMPUTER.

I hope that help somewhat.

zzyzx said:
Ok, so no blue screens of death shows up before rebooting, I was hoping there are so it makes it easier to pinpoint the problem. That makes the list of possible culprit very long but I'll list out what I can think of.
1) You mentioned it, your cpu could be overheating. (Find out how hot it is running at full stress. Download everest or speedfan and then run stress applications like prime95 w/ maximum heatgen settings)
2) Your harddrive might have some problem, maybe loose data wires or corrupted data. Unhook the data wires, and attach them again firmly. Click on my computer, rightclick your main harddrive and select properties, go to Tool tab, then press "check now" under the error-checking to see if your HD have any problems.
3) One of your numerous windows system files might be corrupted. Though, a BSOD would usually appear and tell you what causes it so I doubt this is the case for you. This can be remedied by reinstalling a fresh copy of windows.
4) Your computer might be infected by a virus or malware. There are quite a few viruses that will reboot your pc randomly. Run full system scan with your favorite antivirus software. If you dont' have an antivirus software. You can visit www.pccillin.com click on housecall. They provide free virus/spyware scan online.

As for the checksum Error. I don't know, a few years ago, there were motherboards that comes with a jumper set default at protect CMOS settings, and Checksum errors will always appear every time you boot your computer if you didn't change the jumper settings. I don't know if you have this type of board.

Well, can you post the make and model of your motherboard? If you have trouble identifying it, you can download everest. Got to www.lavalys.com and download it there. I believe the even the trial version will tell you your what model your motherboard is.

The other thing I can think of is you have a corrupted bios. If you want to flash the bios with a new version, you can download the updated bios from your motherboard company, and flash it in windows if you can (the motherboard company would also provide the software to flash in windows. If they don't have it, you can copy the .rom file to an empty floppy disk. Rename the file as AMIBOOT.ROM and put it into your drive. When you start up the computer, hold Ctrl and Home key, it will automatically go into bios recovery mode. However I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T DO THIS YET BECAUSE IF ANYTHING GO WRONG, YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO EVEN START YOUR COMPUTER.

I hope that help somewhat.

i think its 90% overheating , so i followed ur instructions to Fix the overheating Problem..as i downloaded EVEREST and PRIME95
and already Run the both .. but i cant make the use of these Programs Clearly i dont know what to do with these applications

So.. plz tell me how can i make the use of these programs to help me avoiding this overheating reboot

About the CMOS Setting Wrong Message i read ur intructions about the Corrupted Bios but i still didnt Do any of it..
at 1st i have to Fix the overheating problem

Thnx for ur help..

actually, you use those programs to identify if it is because of overheating or not, it's not fixing it. Those everest or speedfans can be used to monitor the temperature your cpu as well as the speed of your cpu fan. And prime95 is to stress your computer so you can see the max temp your cpu will reach. If your cpu runs at, say 60+ degrees celsius at full stress, then you got a problem with heat.

Follow these steps to diagnose overheating problems.

1) Just to be sure, open your computer case and check to see if your cpu fan is running while your pc is on.

2) Check both the fan and the heatsink, make sure there's not alot of dust packing in there. Use one of the air blower bottle (sold at your nearest pc store for about 3 dollars each) to clean off all those dusts. Check your cpu temp again to see if it runs any cooler.

3) Pay attention to the cpu fan rmp in 1 of those 2 programs at full cpu stress. If it low (the idea of low rmp is varied due to different fan designs, so I can't tell you what number is low. You need to check information on the fan model you have), then your fan is bad. If this is the case, consider replacing the fan or the whole HeatSink & Fan as a whole.

4) If everything is running as it should and your cpu temp is still way up there. Then maybe your HSF is not sufficient. Try running your computer with case open and a house fan blowing at the inside and see if your pc stops restarting. If it works that way, then you need to get an aftermarket hsf that is more powerful.

To use everest and prime95. Open everest and click on the My computer->sensor. It will show you the temperature and fan speeds.
Open prime95. Click on Option menu, select torture test, then select the 2nd option (In-place large FFT test). Let it run, and check your temperature and fan speed.

good luck, and if you can have everest generate a report and post it up here. Easier for us to diagnose your computer if we know what you have running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom