opty 170 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
so, to get the right stepping for an opteron 170,its just luck right? Like you cant request the specific stepping from newegg or something, u just get what u order and can't do anything about it?

It depends I believe, because old steppings aren't manufactured anymore only the newest ones (naturaly..) but you might get an older stepping since their stocks aren't over yet and they might be randomly choosing what to send to the costumer, but I guess you could try and ask newegg for a specific stepping...

If you look on different forums you can find people that buy CPUs to find good steppings and overclock them to see how far they go. Then they will sell it to whoever will pay for them.

Actually the new 06 Opterons are doing very well. You can always go to flickerdown or tankguys and get a good stepping, but it will cost you more.

R1C0CH3T said:
so, to get the right stepping for an opteron 170,its just luck right? Like you cant request the specific stepping from newegg or something, u just get what u order and can't do anything about it?

from the classifieds it seems as if you were interested in pzero's opty.

And if I've been following things correctly that was WTK_pro's opty...and he managed to get it to 2.7 or 2.7+ on air...don't remember exactly.

So...if that's what you are thinkin about i'd go ahead with it. Seems like a good stepping to me even though I've never really heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom