Video Card OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i know this is a stupid question but i really want to OC my video card but i only have 1 fan.....can i just take a portable fan and place it near the open computer?

PS: What program should i use?

I like to use Powerstrip for overclocking and its compatible with a lot of different cards. And yes you can point a fan at your open computer, thats what my roommate does with his 5950 Ultra.

Does anyone know if the tempurature readings in the ATI control panel under the overdrive tab for the new Catalyst are accurate tempuratures, or if they are just a ballpark figure for your general reference...

theres a program out there that u can use to OC ur video card. I forgot what its called.. but my friend told me about it and he said somthing like it does it automatically so its safe.. but on the other hand, he makes things up sometimes so.

Monster00 said:
theres a program out there that u can use to OC ur video card. I forgot what its called.. but my friend told me about it and he said somthing like it does it automatically so its safe.. but on the other hand, he makes things up sometimes so.

Never heard of that before. I know that with nVidia cards, you can enable the Coolbits registry hack to access clock frequencies and an auto-overclock feature. I think it only works with FX cards though.

yeah i use powerstrip for ati cards, and i believe nvidia has a utility built into the driver

im OCing it now. Im up to 426/309. i have a 9600 pro 128Mb. what do u think the setting should be for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom