Free Partition Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi chaps,

I'm getting incredibly frustrated, I cannot find a working partition manager that costs less the $60. I don't want to pay that as I only need it for one bloody use.... (vista).

I've tried many bootable CD's, and I've only managed to create a 7mb partition that has no use whatsoever for me....

I was just hoping that maybe someone had a good idea, or link to either a trial version of something, or a free full one. I just need to make one partition....!

Also, if I eventually found a partition manager that worked, to install Vista, what kind of partition should I make? logical? etc...!

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

edit: 300th Post!

i don't know of any free ones besides SwissKnife, but i'm not sure if you can partition or not.

make a Primary partition.

i'm installing vista as i write this, and you NEED to have slightly over 19gig free for file copying and stuff like that.
anything less it will not install.

i don'tknow how much the o/s takes up after.
i'm sure you can find it in the stickey at the top of this forum.

Just use Gparted then it's a clone of Parition Magic looks just like it and has all it's features only it's entirely free.

I've tried gparted, but it won't let me do anything, is it because XP is on that HD?

Well, either one where it is freeware, or one where I can get a trial, and then 'buy' a serial number if you know what i mean....!

Super Fdisk Download Free Tool

Super Fdisk is a FREE driven disk partitioning utility. With the freeware you can:
- Create primary, extended and logical partitions
- Delete primary, extended and logical partitions
- Format FAT partitions
- Backup or Restore the MBR, Partition Table, Boot sector
- Hide and unhide FAT, NTFS/HPFS, EXT2, EXT3, SWAP partitions
- Activate/deactivate a partition
- Show the partition table
- Show characteristics of harddisk
- Erase MBR for a harddisk
- and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.