What Notebook? For Music Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, a friend of mine is coming by in a little while and he wants to order a notebook for College next semester. He's doing music and needs a pretty decent notebook as a requirement.

My question is, "What specs would you recommend for a music student?" I"m not sure what programs he'll be running, but i'm assuming it will be some type of audio edting programs.

Here's what I was going to suggest.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115246

I agree with that Acer.

A music student will need:
Good battery life: 3.5 hours is plenty.
Lots of memory: 1GB will be fine for WAV editing
HD space: 120GB is good enough.
DVD burner for burning audio CDs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that suggestion, but i'm not a fan of Acer. I'm sure he is though.

Also, that 1.3MP webcam is neat :cool:

seems good to me, and acer only compiles all the parts together they dont manufacture the cpu, mobo and etc.. and acer screens are OK..

Well, what other suggestions does everyone have? Brand?
I mean, i can't recommend a dell. I would recommend him sagernotebooks... but they are too pricey for him, and we already configured a notebook through sager and it was about $500 more then the acer I recommended.

The thing is with an ACER, they use cheap parts, meaning it falls apart. Dell's are actually pretty good for laptops, they have an excellent warranty service.

He's a college student. Anything he buys is going to get destroyed anyway. Plus, he can always buy the 2 year service plan for $89. He only has 2 years left, so it will last him at least that long.

He only has about $1,200 to spend and like to spend less. The Acer has really good specs, for just over $1000.00. He can pretty much do anything with that notebook, even mild gaming.

I think it's a good deal, but i'll see what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom