Standby and Hibernate not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

laboholic

Solid State Member
I just installed windows XP professional and I just downloaded and installed SP2 and did windows update. I have a gateway computer that came with XP and I had hibernate and standby. Now, neither of them are available. I went under the power options and it says nothing about hibernate mode. When I go to shutdown the computer there is an option for standby, but it is greyed out so I cant click on it. I cant find any downloads from gateway to fix this. What do I do? Thanks!

Re:

Hello,

Have you installed your chipset drivers yet? I don't think your ACPI hardware has been detected, and or the drivers haven't been installed.

What is your motherboard model?

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Have you installed your chipset drivers yet? I don't think your ACPI hardware has been detected, and or the drivers haven't been installed.

What is your motherboard model?

This is exactly what I would guess as well. No ACPI hardware detected=no energy saving options aka hibernate/standby :)

I installed my chipset drivers from the gateway website and restarted my computer and the options are still not available

laboholic said:
I installed my chipset drivers from the gateway website and restarted my computer and the options are still not available

try to install chipset 1st

I went to the Intel website and used the intel chipset ID utility to find that my chipset was INtel(R) 852/855 GM/GME

then i searched for that chipset and it came up with the Intel 852GM Chipset and the option to download the Intel chipset software installation utility.

I downloaded it and ran it and it asked me to restart my computer. I did.

Nothing has changed. I still cant enable hibernate (there isnt the option) and my sleep button doesnt work, and standby is still greyed out when i goto shutdown.

It looks like what i installed earlier off the gateway site was the chipset driver revision (evidently not the chipset drivers?) Do i need to reinstall that???

Why is it this hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom