AC cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if you want to be really ghetto take these steps.

-Cut out a circle on the side of your case
-Purchase one of those fans in a cage attached to a base from wal-mart
-position it into the case and plug it into the wall.

voila

the only way i see home A/c working is if you have a radiator for your liquid cooling system and having ducting go from your vent and forced across the radiator, preferable outside of your case. it will make your liquid very cold. or get tube extenstions so the radiator can sit on the vent. the tubing cant be that long though cuz the pump wont be able to handle the pressure drop. u'll still need continuous force convection (aka a fan) across the radiator. i really dont think this will work otherwise... the condensation will kill ya.

And that is why I won't consider it anymore, too much **** to worry about. I just have my AC on to cool down the whole room. I was just wondering about it, thats all.

b1gapl said:
I just have my AC on to cool down the whole room. I was just wondering about it, thats all.
Cooling down the room won't really effect the parts of the computer you want to effect. Normally computer rooms are kept cool because there is a need to rapidly cool the air coming out of, and into, the machines by the fans. The effects on high-end components is negligable at best. You'd need a more direct cooling approach.

just air conditioning the room will def help keep your comp cooler than not. dont worry about ducting it into your box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom