Hey guys, I need to get 2 new coolers.

1. for my Chipset

2. for my 7800gt

heres what Ive been looking at.

7800gt
OR
7800gt#2

Chipset

problem is that they sit right next to each other.
DSC00349.jpg

Will these fit with my MOBO set up?

Thanks, Noga

VF-900 and the chipset should MAYBE be fine. Im not sure exactly how big either of them are so i cant gurantee that. Also, i must have brought you on to Frozencpu or something but ill tell you, their prices are steep.

Well I know the VF-700-CU wouldn't interfere with anything because it comes off the top of the card. Such as this:
VF700CU.jpg

the VF900 is pretty big, but it does the job. but it doesnt cover the whole length of the card. there is about 2" at the end of the card were it doesnt cover (i'm estimating by looking at mine :D)

GuitarFreak1857 said:
the VF900 is pretty big, but it does the job. but it doesnt cover the whole length of the card. there is about 2" at the end of the card were it doesnt cover (i'm estimating by looking at mine :D)

ya but look at my card, all the round things get in the way

also i know frozen cpu has bad prices I just go to them to look at cooling producs then go other places.

i've been looking for an all copper northbridge HS but ther doesnt seem to be one. all i can find are shady aluminum ones... i dont trust aluminum for natural convection...

anyone know of an all copper HS for the northbridge chipset?

well noga, i just ordered myself the vf900 for my evga 7800 gt. I will let you know how it works, But I don't think they would say a aftermarket vga cooler would work with the 7800 series if those things got in the way at the very end of the card, so i wouldnt worry about them. And with the vf900, you get chipset heatsinks with them. www.newegg.com

ill bookmark this topic so I can tell you how my vf900 does. I wont receive it until tuesday.

vf900 takes up a lil less then one pci slot so your 7800gt will take 2 slots

lol just read it so to answer your ? the vf 900 ends a half inch from the lil cylinder things lol

If it is too big, just bend the spikes on the chipset cooler :p I saw some people do that at DFI forums because most of the video cards go right over the chipset fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom