REGISTRY Software Reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks i really do appreciate all the help, but as said, i'll wait on some second opinions :)

Oh, I've been reading some reviews online about CCleaner (see, i am interested Warez Monster, I'm not ignoring you ;) ) and I saw some negative reviews complaining on how certain programs wouldn't work. I don't want any of that happening, so that makes me even more unsure wether or not this is the registry program to get. So please, if anyone can enlighten me on this matter, I'd appreciate it. And again, still very interested in some second opinions on registry cleaner softwares. Suggestions, thoughts, anything will do :)

CCleaner it is...In my knowledge it is the best out there. Keep in mind, In general we humans are quite picky. We always have something negative to say about things that we use. So you don't want to really depend on only on the comments that you read online.Just like our physical appearance our opinions can differ. I believe the best way to find out whether this is something that you looking for or not is to try it out for yourself. Once again I personally found it to be the best.

peace

I'm willing to try it, that's no problem. But if it'll stop certain programs from working, or it'll do permanent damage.. then that's a pretty big risk to take for just "trying" this software. So, again, can anyone confirm if it does stop certain programs from working? Negative experiences, etc. Also, suggestions still appreciated. Thank you :)!

ah for <bleep> sake, just download it...............

I think that warez who has been around for along time and has a library of information stored in his head on 'tech stuff' knows what he's on about

Emperor said:
ah for <bleep> sake, just download it...............

I think that warez who has been around for along time and has a library of information stored in his head on 'tech stuff' knows what he's on about

I'm not disregarding his suggestion. I asked if anyone's had the sort of experiences I described, not of warez knew his tech. Which he probably does, but I'm asking for a second opinion. The only other suggestion I've heard is Cleanup!, in all the 10 or so posts the topic has accumilated.

http://www.sofotex.com/download/PC_Utilities/Registry_Tools/

Heres a big list but CCleaner is my opinion for # 1

You see, unless you have a system that is junked up, giving you dll errors, registry errors, etc, your not going to notice anything at all. If you run more than 1 reg cleaner, you will double your chance or screwing up your registry therefor, give you more problems. If you just want a nice, small, maintenance reg cleaner with a few other options to boot, CCleaner is the best IMO. Never have I heard CCleaner corrupting a program, BSOD a pc, etc. Before you choose remove, it asks you if you want to back it up before deletion, I always choose no but thats an option for you. Or you can backup your whole registry via regedit, file, export, name it, save it, then use the cleaner.

So, if I uninstall something, CCleaner will remove the entries left behind in the registry? That's all I want to be honest.. I used to do it manually, go into the registry and delete anything remotely similar to the uninstalled object, but that takes so long, its such a daunting task. I want past entries to be COMPLETELY removed

Allright, haha I'll try it out. Would you guys reccomend getting a registry defragmenter? I've heard a few people mention them here, stating they use a registry program ( I see CCleaner and Tweaknow mentioned often) and a registry defragmenter. Would you guys reccomend getting one? If so, which one? (price doesnt matter)

Also, would it be a bad idea to have both ccleaner and tweaknow? I've heard good things about tweaknow, but those are mostly old posts. So I'd appreciate any positive/neg. esperience feedback on tweaknow aswell. Thanks guys, I love this place :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom