print driver issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billytech

Beta member
I have a service running on a server03 machine which creates a tiff image and then sends it to a separate print server, also server03, for printing. Recently this print began coming out very large (a third of the print on the right and bottom are missing). The driver used is for hp laserjet 2200 (pcl 6) and it exists on both servers. Initially there was another driver for the 2200 on the server (regular pcl) and after removing and restarting the server everything worked for that day. Issue is back! Nothing I've tried resolves it.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!

Check regedit : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\control\Print\Printers

To really be certain I'd remove all of the printers under this key,

then run> cmd>net stop spooler
then run> cmd>net stop spooler

this will clear out your print queues and printer drivers.

Then reinstall your LJ2200.

if you still get funky print outs, your gonna have to verify your output settings, and if they are custom, make sure they are set to be default.

Thanks for the suggestion blitz! I should also point out that the server running the service holds no print queues. The job is sent to another server which has the queues, so no printers exist under the key you mentioned. The tiff that is created can be printed manually (opening tiff saved on desktop) from either server and it prints fine. Only when this service running on serverA sends the job from serverA to print queues on serverB does the issue occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom