Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 version of the Beta. One is for 32 Bit and one is for 64 Bit. So Vista can do both.

Just to add on to the above post...u dont have to have the 64 bit version just cos u have a 64 bit cpu. I would stick with the 32 bit version anyway as drivers are easier to find. XP Pro x64 has enough driver problems let along a beta OS

C|Net labs has put Microsoft Vista to the test, head to head versus a WinXP install and the results are dead even.

We loaded Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5384) and Windows XP Professional SP2 on a 3.2GHz Pentium 4, with 1GB of DDR2 memory running at 664MHz and an ATI Radeon X850 XT graphics card. We ran a few of CNET Labs' home-brewed tests on the two operating systems to see if we could discern any significant performance differences between XP and Vista.

Oddly enough, I am running Vista on a box with the exact same specs and I have to admit that Vista runs as quick as XP. Then there is the WAY Vista runs, I really?really?like it. If you have the system specs for it, you should download the beta and give it a whirl.

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTk2NTIsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

Warez Monster said:
C|Net labs has put Microsoft Vista to the test, head to head versus a WinXP install and the results are dead even.

We loaded Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5384) and Windows XP Professional SP2 on a 3.2GHz Pentium 4, with 1GB of DDR2 memory running at 664MHz and an ATI Radeon X850 XT graphics card. We ran a few of CNET Labs' home-brewed tests on the two operating systems to see if we could discern any significant performance differences between XP and Vista.

Oddly enough, I am running Vista on a box with the exact same specs and I have to admit that Vista runs as quick as XP. Then there is the WAY Vista runs, I really?really?like it. If you have the system specs for it, you should download the beta and give it a whirl.

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTk2NTIsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

bull

vista takes too long to boot up. it takes too long to do simple tasks. it kinda as fast on long term chores, but not on most short quick ones

the 64 bit was a little faster, but most stuff don't work on it

EricB said:
bull

vista takes too long to boot up. it takes too long to do simple tasks. it kinda as fast on long term chores, but not on most short quick ones

the 64 bit was a little faster, but most stuff don't work on it

I don't know about that. Getting into windows is about the same time as my XP install (but isn't fresh, and has to start IIS) but Vista hangs for a while with doing something to the hard drive making it un useable for a good minute more. CS stress test, XP 75fps and Vista gets 72.

After using Photoshop CS2 on both XP and Vista i have found Vista to be faster. Vista on my machine is just as fast as a fresh XP install. So i can believe the C|Net findings cause i have found close the the same results.

**** i can run CS:S in Vista with a better framerate than XP.

Did you have to reinstall Photoshop? Or can I open it from a different partition when it was installed from XP. Edit: No it didn't work. :( said serial code etc was invalid and had to close. :( I am expecting to have to re enter those in XP now.

Microsoft will release updates to the beta of Windows Vista every month until the gold master release to corporate customers in November, the software giant's Australian Windows chief revealed today.

However Putt said the plan depended on the volume and complexity of bugs Microsoft had to fix.

Putt reconfirmed that the corporate version would be released in November 2006 and the consumer version "very early" in the first quarter of 2007.

He still refused to provide any pricing for the sixteen different versions of Vista, saying that it would be revealed "in due course".

http://www.apcstart.com/site/dwarne/2006/06/417/vista-to-be-released-monthly

i havn't even loaded on vista yet, and i'm already gettin' highly annoyed by it.

fricken thing wants over 19gig free space in order to install and i only have 16.3 free

there goes a couple games off my computer
:|

in comes partition magic to move the space over to the other partition it's intalling to.

4gig download, how much fricken space does this thing need???

arg! i say!
arg!

took me 4 times to download it because it liked to screw up with 3 megs left in the download each time.

arg i say again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom