New video card horrors. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem may be a setting in your bios.Boot to bios look in Advanced /Chip Configuration.
In the line Video Memory Cache Mode see if your Configuration Option is UC or USWC .
USWC(uncacheable , speculative write combining )
is a new technology for the memory video of the processor.It can greatly improve the display speed by caching the display data.You must set this to UC (uncacheable) if your display card does not support this feature .
My problem at the time was while running a 9700 Pro card my performance was CRAP .3Dmark01 se yeilded a terrible score around 9000 .Not to mention the fact that games just plain SUCKED .Troublshooting the system found the problem was the Video Memory Cache Mode .it was set on USWC so i selected UC and solved the problem . my 3DMark score yielded a 16500 .
Running the computer in any other manner would not reveal this problem it worked fine .But when game time came along it was terrible . Hopefully this will help you chek it out at least .See if disableing fastwrites in the AGP control panel helps also .

This probably wont help any, because you have probably already done this, but check DXDIAG to make sure your video card has been detected....

If you dont know how to do this (most people do)
Click Start, Run, Type DXDIAG, Click OK, click the DISPLAY tab, and see if it says the name of your video card. If it does, then all is good to go!

(just a very small suggestion, hehe)

Chubz said:
This probably wont help any, because you have probably already done this, but check DXDIAG to make sure your video card has been detected....

If you dont know how to do this (most people do)
Click Start, Run, Type DXDIAG, Click OK, click the DISPLAY tab, and see if it says the name of your video card. If it does, then all is good to go!

(just a very small suggestion, hehe)

ugh x-x he fixe dthe problem -d oesn't anyone read posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom