REVERSE Hyperthreading for AM2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about before fellas. Infomatic is just being so close-minded and disrespectful! I thought I'd tell him what's on many of our minds already. Info the link you had about conroe says FLANKER right in it. It was A LITTLE OBVIOUS!!!

I didn't mean to get this so off-topic. Conroe will be out in soon enough and we will all have our answers. For now I say we stick to facts ( "quantifiable" statements) AND respected speculation? I mean this is discussion is it not?

RHT though...How is the gaming scene reacting to the DC's though? It def takes a joint operation between the GPU and PCU to make it a sucess. It seems that DC gaming should be paired with SLI. That's why DC gaming wasn't so appealing to gamers at first. They saw the benches and didn't realize WHAT was happening. BOTTLENECKING.

If the market opts for DC threading, then RHT might be a lost cause. Like said before it should have been released with the intro of DC. Both technologies in one chip, being exposed at the same time.

Maybe it's too late. Maybe DC gaming has already honed in on the same performance. :confused:

If Conroe truly does prove to be better than good for Intel, they finally took some money from the "blue man" project and put it to something useful.

reggie_da_man said:
If Conroe truly does prove to be better than good for Intel, they finally took some money from the "blue man" project and put it to something useful.

Not only did they take money from the "blue man" project (I'm guessing you are referring to Pentium 3 era) they also took the same basic idea. Conroe is based on Pentium M which is based on Pentium 3.

On a side note: This is all really fasinating how these two companies interact. (AMD vs Intel) It's entertaining really. It's pretty much watching history. New technologies, (not simply....FASTER, i.e. RHT), unheard of possibilities, and a market that fluctuates more than any other medium in the world. (Okay maybe gas prices but ok...)

P.S. Bill Gates is "retiring" pfffffff. He thinks he can actually leave them to work alone? hahaha. All I can picture is him on the phone alll night like an over protective mother.

Do you mean it's interesting to watch what each company does next? If so i agree with you, it's just like watching random people on the streets. You just sit back and look at people... they're honestly freaking hilarious. Try it one day when you have nothing better to do.

lol omg flanker are you still ****ed at me for making a joke at that super pi thread? Anyway dude I understand that they are all real banchmarks, performed by numerous different people. What I was saying was every benchmark I read was from a conroe system that was built, and configured by intel, that had an intel guy not far from the people testing. Honestly I could on and on about odd things that just bug me, but I'm not going to.

I doubt amd's 65nm process is going to be something that will blow the 90nm out of the water, its still gonna be the same architecture, I did read something about it going past 3 ghz at the end of 2006, but until they do it ..... it doesn't mean nothing.

Well in one of the benchmark test, Intel assembled an AMD system aswell as their own. They had ATI write drivers for the X1900XT to work with the Conroe system. The fishy thing is that they installed those drivers on the AMD system:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom