Console player looking for some pc help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenmonk

Beta member
Hello I need some help picking out a good pc that can run high end games like BF2 or some other future high end games, im a console player so im clueless as what to look at, and i will be using the pc for other purposes besides gaming, I dont wanna spend more than like $1,200 and if its a pc that can be upgraded in the future that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

did you want to buy the parts and put the pc together yourself? thats usually the best way to go... especially for gaming rigs. intel is coming out with a new processor in like 1 month, so waiting would be a good idea since you can either get the latest intel, or get the $$ reduced AMDs..

I guess buying the parts wouldn't be a problem and if it's cheaper and waitng a month isn't a problem either.

Well do you understand how to build a computer ? That would be the first step to find out how you would put it together :]

Main things are that you want a video card that is 256 mb or more. Without a nice video card, gaming will suck on a computer.
ATI or Nvidia are good.

You want to have a fast processor, I would wait for the new Intel processor that's coming out :] I built mine with an Intel and I'm use to it. Even though AMD Is better for gaming the new processor from Intel might just change that.

1GB of memory is good.

As far as a hard drive goes you will want a larger one. Games today keep getting bigger and bigger. So you will want 100+ GB hard drive.

A good place to buy from is www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com

It would be cool if i could just make the computer on the website instead of at home, or just buy a pre made gaming system. Are these sites reliable for that because i was looking at some sites but i didn't know if they were reliable.

Newegg.com
Zipzoomfly.com
tigerdirect.com

are all reliable

go to pricegrabber.com and pricewatch.com to lok at customer reviews of the site (and the product) finally, you can check the BBB if your still unsure.

I used www.newegg.com for all my parts when I built my last computer. I always use them and I always get what I want. As far as www.tigerdirect.com goes im not sure because I havent used that website. But I have heard nothing but good things from people I know who have used it.

I will check both sites for a gaming computer when I have time and I will repost what I find. Ill be back later on today. I have a web development class :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom